Tuesday, May 24, 2016

We're All Ears May Challenge Reveal



It has been a little while since I did one of the We're All Ear challenges, mostly because timing just hasn't worked out.  Well this month I am a little late to the party, but I just had to participate when I saw the theme.  Check our Erin's Link to see more about this month's theme, which was tea parties!

I found this a special theme for May because the month that contains Mother's Day always finds me reminiscing about my own mom and some of the other special ladies in my family who are no longer with us.  Tea is often a part of that memory.   I have some beautiful painted tea cups from one of my favorite Aunts and my own mom was a huge collector of tea pots.  I kept of few of them as reminders of my mom.  Tea pots and tea parties are often a fun part of play and I can remember setting up my own; fancy clothes, table cloth and if I were lucky a few special cups and homemade treats to go with!



My earrings follow through on the tea party design theme.  I used handmade lampwork glass beads created by Debbie Smith They remind me of both a beautiful floral tea pot and the delicate porcelain cups that go along with them.  Also, I am loving these new matte crystals I am seeing so I of course had to add some.  These rondelles are in slate blue.  I chose them as a tribute to mom, whose favorite color was blue.  Finally, the delicate gold charms add that extra special touch and make me think of dress up and going to a party.



Please stop by and check out what Erin created along with all the other participants at this month's reveal post! I would also love to hear your thoughts on my designs and your own tea party memories in the comments below.  Thank you for stopping by!
post signature

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet way to honor your mother's memory! A lovely combination of beads... and I love those little charms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sweet earrings! I have memories of my mom and tea as well. Thank you for joining in the We're All Ears challenge! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousMay 30, 2016

    I love the components and design you chose for these earrings. The colors are perfect and that added touch of brass really makes it pop. Great work. - Sarah

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my posts. Thank you so much for stopping by!