Friday, August 21, 2015

We're All Ears August Reveal

"USA Antelope-Canyon" by Lucas Löffler

Hi Blog I have missed you!!  Because of personal events, I haven't had a chance to stop in and visit lately so I was really excited when I saw this month's inspiration post for the We're All Ears challenge over at Earrings Everyday  If you have been following my blog for awhile, you may have seen these monthly challenges that start with a wonderful inspiration image and then all the participating artists post their pieces on the 3rd Friday of the month.   

The photo above is one of several beautiful photographs of Antelope Canyon that Erin chose for this month's inspiration here. These kinds of canyons are formed by thousands of years of weathering from wind and rain.   They are majestic and beautiful.   I true wonder right here in the USA.  Rock formations and canyons have always fascinated me, I would love to make it out West some day to get to experience such beautiful sites in person.

When it came time to design my earrings, I knew exactly what stones I wanted to use.  A few months ago,  I purchased two exquisite pieces of Red Creek Jasper from my favorite lapidary and I had been hoarding them until just the right pair of earrings called me.   They were perfect for this month's challenge!

Canyon Sunset by Forest of Jewels
Can you see the walls of the canyon weathered smooth by water in those beautiful stones?  Small gaps and outcrops changing the striations on the face?  I feel that they capture the theme of the challenge perfectly.   To finish off my design, I used Czech glass rondelles in shades of cream, brown and a touch of green.  The coloring in those beads also remind me of the canyon walls seen in the inspiration photo.  Tiny picasso finished Czech Druk beads add that little bit more of sandy earthiness to the design.   

Canyon Sunset Earrings
Thank you for stopping by and taking a peek at my earrings.  I always enjoy participating in these monthly challenges, hop on over to the Reveal Page to see what everyone else designed.   Have a great weekend!
 post signature

8 comments:

  1. The jasper ovals are perfect fot this challenge. You've done a wonderful job! Love the earring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous stones! I really couldn't limit myself because they are all so perfect and unexpected! I love the way you let their beauty shine through and kept it simple and complementary. So glad to have you back playing with us again! Thank you for participating in the Earrings Everyday We're All Ears challenge. Check back on the blog on September 4th for the next inspiration! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Great natural stones beautiful balanced with the Czech beads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The jasper is perfect to reflect the warm tones and striations of the rock formations. I like your choice of czech beads too, these make very autumnal earrings perfect for the approaching season...xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your earrings are lovely, the stones and beads you chose are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The jasper is an inspired choice for this challenge. Love these earrings.

    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand about hoarding red creek jasper stones, as I did exactly the same with mine. Aren't they just divine? Nice to have you join us again with your beautiful earring design. These are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Red creek jasper is so perfect for this challenge! You made a lovely pair of earrings that are a great response to the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my posts. Thank you so much for stopping by!