Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Winter Sparkle Blog Hop Beads



Nothing like a little sparkle to brighten up what is turning out to be a long winter.   Even down here in Florida we have had our share of very cold days and a lot of rain.   I have missed the sunshine!  What is a good way to wash away the winter blues?  A blog hop of course!!  Lisa over at A Grateful Artist is hosting a blog hop this Feb. 22nd.   Make sure to check back here on that day to see what I create and to visit the blogs of all the other wonderful artists who have joined in.

So what is on my work table today?  All the wonderful beads I received from Lisa.  There is a lot of inspiration here.  The color palettes are purples, clear, amethyst, black and silver.   It makes me think of a winter night when everything is quiet.  When you look up into the sky, you see the sparkle of all the stars.  I will be using that as my motivation for my designs.



This is the large focal I received.  Isn't the sparkle on the bird's wings just wonderful?  I can't wait to see it take flight on a necklace.

Here are a few more shots of the other beads in the packet:


So much sparkle!


I love these silver mirror ball beads!!!

You can't see it, but the square bead on the right sparkles.

There are a lot of wonderful beads here and even though I am allowed to add beads from my own stash, I don't think I will need to do much of that.  Just in the little bit of time I have had them on my work space, I can already see a great necklace,  pair of earrings and a bracelet in this collection.   What a fun way to make winter sparkle!   Make sure to check back here on the 22nd to see what I create and to hop along to the other posts for the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my posts. Thank you so much for stopping by!