Friday, February 28, 2014

At The Sea

Courtesy of D.F.
A few weeks ago, I spent some time really studying the colors of beads that attracted me.  Looking over my designs, I tend to focus on pinks, purples and blues.   I also have a love for Victorian and Edwardian mourning jewelry too, so every once in awhile something black shows up on my work space.   While I was studying my beads, trying to focus on where I was going next,   I decided to challenge myself.   Expanding my horizons seems to be a theme for me this year, so I decided to embrace it in my jewelry.

What challenge did I take on?  I have decided to create a line.  A group of pieces that all have the same theme.  In the past, I have created one thing at a time.  Colors may be similar because I am in that "phase",  but I have never tried anything this organized before.  Why am I doing this?  Because I want to focus on my designing chops.  Making sure that pieces are cohesive means that I have to plan better.   I need to sit down with paper and pencil and sketch (which I am horrible at!)  out what I have in my head, keeping in mind that they should all work together.  I am excited about this...I am looking forward to the day I can come back here proudly displaying all that I have created.  

Before I go, I want to introduce you to the inspiration for my work.  If you hadn't guessed, it is the lovely picture up above.  A shot taken by a dear friend of a beach I love.   I know what the sand feels like between my toes, the sounds of the waves lapping at the shores and that slightly salty air.  I look forward to presenting you pieces that capture those memories and I hope they inspire your own warm thoughts of the sea.post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my posts. Thank you so much for stopping by!